True community development is facilitated when citizens from all strata of society engage together with a sense of solidarity through combined processes, programmes, strategies and activities. Through CSR, we have evolved a corporate sustainability framework based on a set of economic, social and environmental objectives, which are progressive and beneficial to the society. In a bid to give back to our immediate environment/community, we have engaged in the following developmental projects:
- The Rehabilitation of road at Igoke Estate in Abule-Egba, Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos State, in order to ensure accessibility to the estate.
- Installation of 200KVA Electric Transformer at Bola Ibrahim Close, Igoke Estate in Abule-Egba area of Alimosho LGA of Lagos State to curb the epileptic power condition in the area.
- Rehabilitation of Omofade Crescent road at Omole phase 1 Estate, Ikeja local Government Area, Lagos state.
- Annual widow empowerment program at Usi-Ekiti in Ido-Osi Local Government Area, Ekiti State.
- Installation of electric poles at Faforiji Community, Atakumosha Local Government Area of Osun State.
- Donation of 20KVA generator to the department of Theatre Arts of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- Donation of computer systems and electric generating sets to the Department of Theatre Arts, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state.
- Youth Empowerment Programme on skill acquisition in Usi-Ekiti, Ido-Osi Local Government Area Ekiti State.
In an effort to consolidate support for child’s education and instill moral values among young and impressionable demography, Cornfield Transnational Limited, a member of Cornfield Group donated books worth millions of naira to the libraries of the 104 Federal Unity Colleges spread across the country. It is expected that the books will go a long way in instilling discipline in children who are the most vulnerable in the society and help them become equipped for the future.
Training and Development
Information Technology is crucial to the development of any nation, and so, we deem it pertinent to educate and train future leaders to harness the opportunity and propel the nation and the world at large to higher levels of development. For this reason, Botosoft Technologies, a member of Cornfield Group is actively involved in recruiting interns especially into our IT business in facilitating educational/training in different aspects of IT.
Our Partnership with universities to train interns in order to achieve sustainable development include the most recent 400 level students of BOWEN University, Nigeria, who were absolved into our ICT department. Our goal is to ensure that students gain valuable work experience, explore a career path in the world of IT, give an edge in the job market, develop and refine skills,
network with professionals in the field, and eventually contribute to the growth and development of the nation.